Sometimes users cannot login to their windows 10 computer even they are inserting correct password. This article explains the multiple methods to log in on your Windows 10 computer.
Cannot log in to Windows 10 Computer
This article explains the solution for the problem when you know the correct password and even then you cannot log in to your windows 10 computer. This issue occurs due to software updates in windows 10 and it also has many other reasons, for example, corrupted software and software bugs to a corrupted user profile.
1. Restart Your Computer
It is quite possible that your Windows 10 computer fails to login due to minor software bugs or stuck files. These issues can be resolved by restarting the computer.
- Locate power icon at the bottom-right corner of the login screen and then click on the restart button.
- Then wait until the shutdown of your computer and restart it again.
- Your computer needs sufficient time to shutdown and restart.
- After this, you can log in to your computer.
2. Use On-Screen Keyboard
In this situation, the keyboard of your computer may not work properly so you can use the on-screen keyboard at the login screen. This method only works when you enable your on-screen keyboard.
- You can find on-screen keyboard at login screen easily.
- You can also find on-screen keyboard by clicking on ease of access icon that is placed at the bottom right corner of the login screen and then clicks on the ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD option.
- Then try to login by using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode
If the problem occurs due to software updates or any other reason then you should start Windows 10 in safe mode.
- You just have to press and hold the shift key and then click on the restart button.
- Next, click on the troubleshoot option.
- Then click on the advanced options.
- Now, click on the startup settings.
- Click on the restart button.
- Then startup screen will appear on your computer screen and then press F4 key and the process of enabling the safe mode will begin.
- Then just input your password and then click on the arrow button to log in to your windows 10.
- When you log in to your windows 10 in safe mode, then just go to the start button and then click on the restart button to come out of the safe mode.
- Then your computer will restart in normal mode and you can log in to your windows 10 on the normal mode by inputting your login details on the login screen.
4. Run Startup Repair
If you fail to log in on your windows 10 even in safe mode then you should use the startup repair option.
- Firstly, press and hold shift key and then click on the restart button from your keyboard.
- Then go to troubleshoot > advanced option.
- Then you will see the advanced options screen, click on the startup repair option.
- Then follow the instructions to complete the remaining process.
5. Reset Windows 10 PC
This method will execute a fresh installation on your computer it will remove the operating system and all other programs from your computer except personal files. You should use this method only if you are in a position to reinstall all apps and programs again on your computer.
- First of all, hold and press the shift key and then click on the restart button.
- Then your computer will restart.
- After this, click on the troubleshoot option.
- Then you will see reset this PC option just click on it.
- Then click on remove apps and settings, but keep my personal files.
- Then all your programs an app will start removing from your computer except personal files. After the process completed you will see a list of removed programs.
- Now, you can install all the removed apps and programs from the next screen. You should use this option when you have no other option left.